In the third quarter, employers posted more than 350,000 core information technology (IT) jobs in the United Kingdom, according to CompTIA’s latest IT research report. The CompTIA UK IT Employment Snapshot 2017 Q3 found more than 2.6 million total postings for the same period, meaning that 14 percent of all UK job postings were in IT. Year over year, the number of IT job postings in the UK remains unchanged, but it marks a slight decrease from Q2 2017.
Other highlights from the IT research report include:
- Unemployment continues its decades-low rate of 4.3 percent, down from 5 percent one year ago and the lowest since 1975.
- Between June and August 2017, 32.1 million people were employed compared to the 1.44 million who were unemployed.
- The size of the UK IT workforce continues to grow year over year, increasing by 2 percent from 2015 to 2016 with a 5 percent growth projected for 2017 to 2022.
- More than one-third of IT workers in the United Kingdom are 34 or younger.
- The top job postings for IT occupations include programmers and software developers; IT business analysts, architects and systems designers; web designers and development pros; IT user support technicians; and IT and telecommunications pros.
Download the CompTIA UK IT Employment Snapshot to learn more about the UK IT job market.